SPPS would like to encourage PhD students to participate in the PhD student conference, thus a number of travel grants are available. In order to obtain a travel grant, the applicant must be a member of the Society and participate actively in the conference.
Instructions for applying for the SPPS travel grant
1. Membership: membership fee has to be paid for both 2011 and 2012.
2. Active participation in the conference i.e. present a poster or give an oral presentation.
How to apply:
1. Login to your personal data pages using your email address and your code.
Members: select renew now button
Non-members: select signup now button
If you do not remember your code, please send a code request to SPPS and it will be sent to you by email.
2. Check that your personal contact information is correct.
3. If you have not paid your membership fees yet, select Membership 2011 / Membership 2012 by clicking the corresponding PAY HERE button and proceed with your payment.
4. If you have paid required membership fees (2011 and 2012), select "Travel grant application to the 7th SPPS PhD Student Conference" from the available products.
5. Fill the form and send it to the SPPS Secretary General Anna Kärkönen either by email or mail together with your CV by 11th of June. Decisions about SPPS travel grants to the 7th SPPS PhD Student Conference will be after June 11th.
Travel grants will be paid after the conference. You will need to provide SPPS with a travel report, include receipts, in order to claim the grant. For more information, please contact SPPS.